Space Bar problem

aidanrnf

Registered
Sorry if I'm wasting anyone's time but I've been looking around in vain for a solution to this for a while now and since I've so many bloody essays to do I thought I'd just ask here. I own a MacBook OsX and it's working great except for one thing, I need to hold the shift button in order for the space bar to perform its normal duty, (much like the way you would to operate the numerical keys) and this is really irritating a few thousand times in a row! None of the advice that I've found so far such as checking Num Lock etc. has addressed this at all as I must stress that the rest of the keys are performing their primary duties as normal.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Wow, that really is intensely annoying. Try going to System Preferences: International: Input Menu and checking the box next to "Keyboard Viewer". Once you get the little digital keyboard up, see if anything's getting depressed that shouldn't be.

Beyond that, does the spacebar have any action when pressed by itself?

Just tried that, but no luck i'm afraid. I think that the space bar functions as it normally would with the shift key held, which is so weird. Thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.

Back